Monday, November 17, 2008

Not Just Any Pumpkin Pie

I resisted baking pumpkin pies for many years because I found them too rich, too squashy or simply not worthy of plate licking. During our years in Canada, where a plethora of pumpkin varieties abounds in the fall, I decided to modify and build upon a basic 4-ingredient pie recipe (found on the back of a can of pureed pumpkin) and combined the result with an interesting crust for the popular winner here.

As the end result has proved excessively good, those keen to know more may contact me through this blog.

(All text and photos or images are copyright protected. Please do not reprint any stories, recipes or photographs without the author's permission.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beauty! You are a genius at it too! Made me feel not taking Home Economics class a bad choice :(

Thanks for sharing the recipes. Keep them coming!

hugs, jen

Diva Indoors said...

Thanks for your kind comments Jen! If it's any comfort, I hated Home Economics and my rock buns at the time resembled rocks rather than buns... :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...pumpkin pie! My favourite dessert. I've never had it with the gingersnap crust. Must be delicious!!! Boy, did I ever miss out on this one. I guess I'll have to attempt it myself :)
Lxo

ShareThis