Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lunchbox Star: The Cheese and Chutney Sandwich


Another winner for the school lunchbox and one that easily fits into a picnic basket, too. Both my children have recently requested easy meals they can despatch with haste in order to get to the more important tasks of hanging with friends or hanging on a climbing frame (usually upside down, which can't be encouraging for any sandwich).

Layer up wholemeal bread with double brie, baby spinach and mango chutney (Trader Joe's). Slap 'em together and serve with a side of fruit. I saw not a crumb in either lunchbox after school!

Some mums might fret about the choice of cheese, but feel free to substitute low-fat (i.e. flavorless, plasticky) cheddar for it. But moi? I'll pick the full-fat one myself, thanks very much. It's not as if we have brie every day or top it off with vats of ice cream at the same sitting.


(All text and photos or images are copyright protected. Please do not reprint any stories, recipes or photographs without the author's permission.)

2 comments:

Deb said...

this looks fantastic! I'm going to try it. I'm desperate for things to feed the 3rd grader!

Anonymous said...

I wanna be your kid! and I love cheese and milk and wholemeal healthy stuff. ;)

jen

ShareThis