Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Ghastly To-Do List. And Halloween Cupcakes To Die For




The to-do list went on and on, even as a sense of foreboding and doubt built, as if it were The Ten Commandments. Only it outnumbered them:  

  • bake 75 cupcakes for three different parties - two Halloween, one a ghoulie-girlie birthday
  • decorate all said cupcakes
  • attend physio for a hand injury (same hand needed for baking)
  • find H1N1 clinic for adults
  • fix punctured car tire (ended up replacing the thing)
  • write three stories
  • organize photos for another story chase up a photo assignment
  • organize craft items for a school party
  • deliver stuff relating to a school fundraiser
  • grocery shopping
  • pack and post a parcel via UPS to a keen Craigslist buyer
  • pick up child and his playdate from school  

    Lots of unknowns. How much would get done today? What happens if I don't finish up? How would I organize myself? How did I get myself into this mess? 

    One thing I knew for sure - I had to get cracking. The eggs complied.


    By the end of the day, 10.00pm to be exact, this is what I had to show for it, in terms of cupcakes anyway. 

    My kitchen comes with it a butler's pantry, with a view (see the last pic) that transforms with the seasons - the autumn one is my favorite.

    Happy Halloween!


















































     


    (All text and photos or images are copyright protected. Please do not reprint any stories, recipes or photographs without the author's permission.)

    2 comments:

    Deb and David said...

    those Frankenstein creations are FABULOUS!! What's this I hear about cutting your hand open?!!! Egads!! Hope all's well.

    Diva Indoors said...

    thanks guys! 'tis a bad cut.. who knew a cold baby pumpkin would turn on me like that. the mother pumpkin was easy peasy! could still need a gluing as it's doing stuff that suits the evening's theme :S apart from that yes!! all is well! especially after visiting that neighbor who hands out wine as a treat x

    ShareThis